Thursday, January 3, 2008

Meida's Socks


I've found this pattern to be a joy to work with. This is somewhat of an experiment in that I've tried, for the first time, working with bamboo.

The pattern itself is easy to memorize. However, I found the finished project to be a bit small for my size 9 feet. Therefore, I lenghtened the foot with an extra repeat and the toe by decreasing to 5 stitches per needle (20 in total).

The socks are beautiful in thier construction and thier colour. I used Ornaghi filati 100% Bamboo in a beautiful pink (colour #11). The yarn has a beautiful sheen to it that adds to the beauty of the Eastonian Cables. I love the process of cables and now have a new trick to add to my bag.

I have one sock completed and working away on its pair. I'll definitely be making more of these in the future in a variety of yarns.

3 comments:

rarabecca said...

very elegant looking, they look good in pink and the bamboo is probably super soft. Nicely done!

Unknown said...

Thanks, rarabecca! The pink is even more beautiful up close and in person. I'm a pink gal at heart and was thrilled to find the bamboo in that particular colour. Well on my way to completing #2 of the pair now.

calicokitty6 said...

I like the pink. I also had to do an extra repeat for me size 10 feet. The yarn was from Lime&Violet in the "Walnut" color which also was a pink with light green and natural.