Thursday, January 24, 2008

The waving lace socks with short row heels.


I’m so glad to have found Favorite Socks knitalong. What a great idea for the KAL!
When I saw "Favorite Socks" from INTERWEAVE at first I said "I must get it!" and I got it! There are so much wonderful patterns! I love socks. They are my favourites to knit. And just finished Waving Lace Socks by Evelyn A. Clark from "Favorite Socks".
The pattern of them is very elegant and easy to memorize. I used cashmere woll yarn in dark red (100g = 360m/ 328yds) and needles 2,5 mm.
The pattern recomends to knit flap heel, that is why I sterted with this way. But soon I changed it into short rows. In my opinion, it’s the fastest, easiest, and best looking way to do. I saw some diferent methods of short rows heels on patterns, but I have my own. When I was a very young girl I couldn't understand how to make a flap heel, so I invented my own way. And I am sure mine is the most simple short row which I ever seen. I think I have to do my short row tutorial to share with you.Pattern: the waving lace socks from "Favorite Socks" with some my modifications
Needles: 2,5 mm DPNS
Yarn: 60g Casmere wool in dark red (100g = 360m/ 328yds)


Ala's Blog

1 comment:

Karen said...

Your socks are really lovely- a beautiful colour. I think I'll have to try knitting this pattern soon.