Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Introduction

Hello. I've just joined this KAL and wanted to introduce myself. My name is Gina. I live in Upstate NY. I've been knitting for 4 years.
I am currently working on the Diagonal Cross-Rib socks using Brown Sheep Wildfoote in Sonatina. I'm on my third repeat of the pattern. I've never knitted from a chart before, but I'm doing fine so far. I also had to teach myself the Old Norweigian cast-on. I found a video on YouTube and went from there.
I'm looking forward to knitting many more socks from this book. I always go through my new knitting books and mark the patterns I want to make with Post-It notes. There are Post-Its on almost every page!

3 comments:

Adelle said...

Hello from another Upstate NYer :)

Ana said...

Interesting that you youtube had a how-to video for knitting on it. I'll have to check it out. Welcome from Wisconsin!

Knit*Six said...

Your socks look great! Working from charts will soon feel like second nature...Some day soon you'll open a book or magazine, like I did, and find yourself saying, "What, no chart???" ;-)