Sunday, May 20, 2007

MY SECOND PAIR EVER



I started these March 3rd, 07 and finished April 6th,07. I'm a little faster now that I know what I'm doing with regards to sock knitting. I have been knitting for, get this, 60 years.
As the title says, they were my 2nd pair of socks I knitted, sock patterns still seem like they
are written in Greek to me at that time.
I used the size needles called for, size 2 and the yarn I use was Memories form KnitPicks,
I normally stick to the yarn that patterns call for, that's just me. However, the yarn was given
to me for my Birthday from a friend of mine.

I plan on knitting "Retro Rib Socks" again this time using the yarn called for, which is Kroy Socks Yarn.
I'm hoping to find the yarn at Midwest Stitches Event in August.
I enjoyed this pattern very much, I knit a pair of tabi socks afterwards which were knit in all st st and I thought I'd go crazy.

2 comments:

tiennieknits said...

Great job on your 2nd pair ever!

Deah said...

Your socks look great! Joann.com offers Kroy sock yarn. I have the color called flax, the color resembles steel cut oats.