Thursday, June 21, 2007

Diagonal Cross-Rib Socks






Finished pair of Diagonal Cross-Rib Socks. Yarn: Colinette 100% merino wool "Jitterbug" in "Peacock." Needles: Addi Lace #2 and #1 in Magic Loop. Modifications: smaller needle sizes for woman's size 9, 7" foot and 6" cuff. I really loved this pattern: just interesting enough to make it fun, but not too difficult. Nice cable look without the extra needle. Also enjoyed the left and right mirrored slants of the ribs. Ann Budd's patterns are always so detailed and fun. Only problem in the whole process was the quantity of yarn. At 267 m / 100 g I had a little over a yard left! I have included pictures after the first sock was done, weighing 51g on my food scale, with exactly 51g of yarn left... I sweated the last few repeats!

3 comments:

Knit-Wit said...

Those turned out really nice - I love the color!

tiennieknits said...

Woohoo for getting through with just the right amount of yarn! Great job!

bobbi said...

very nice!!!!