Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Diagonal Cross-Ribs - Without the Cross


Just finished these snazzy socks for my daughter last night. She was thrilled to get them especially since she thought I was making them for myself.
`
Pattern: Diagonal Cross-Rib Socks
`
I started doing the cross ribs only to notice that the pattern wasn't showing at all with this variegated yarn - so I frogged it and made up the socks without the cross ribs. I am really pleased with how the yarn came out in stripes.
`
The only change I would make is to do the entire sock with size 2 needles rather than the top with size 3 and later switching to size 2. They tend to slide down more - probably a great idea for someone with large calves; but that isn't my problem (or my daughter's).
`
Yarn: Sockotta - it's 45% cotton, 40% Superwash wool, and 15% nylon
`
I'm taking a break from the book for a while to whip up some baby boy socks for my friend who is due any day now.
`
Happy Knitting!
Karolee

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

Nice! I like your alteration. Great socks for summer.