Monday, June 25, 2007

It's great to be part of the crowd ...

It's been said quite a few times, but I'll say it again - the Embossed Leaves pattern really is wonderful. I cast on a few days ago but have been too busy to put any time in until today and I've gotten as far as the first repeat of the leaf pattern. I'm knitting on 2 circulars (but only one at a time) and using Nature's Palette Ice Blue yarn. It is a beautiful hand-dyed yarn using plant extracts for coloring. At a glance, the color is uniform but after looking closely, you can see that it's beautifully variegated. It's a very springy 100% Merino - similar to the touch and stitch as Koigu.

Anyway, here's hoping that I can finish off one sock this week (it goes awfully quick once past the twisted rib) and the second before the month is over.

BTW - my next pair are the Austrian socks ... for SURE!

No comments: