Friday, July 27, 2007

New to blogging ...

Hi! blogging is another "first" for me ... but then, so was sock knitting a few years ago. To tell the truth: the Favorite Socks book arrived 3 months ago and I have been too busy knitting socks to try blogging until now! First I knit three pair of Meida's Socks in Brown Sheep Cotton Fine for three of my daughters and then knit another pair, with a longer leg, in Wildfoote Luxury Sock Yarn for myself. The stitch definition was outstanding with the Cotton Fine, which knit up beautifully. The socks fit snugly at the ankle, so gauge does matter. Next I knit the Merino Lace socks in shades of blue Sockotta for summer wear. During our family vacation I worked on the Waving Lace Socks in gold, red, orange, green and tan Sockotta. A modification of the pattern gave the appearance that a straightened version of the leg pattern continued down the heel. I am now knitting the Anniversary Socks in Knit Picks Gloss (70% Merino Wool/30% Silk) on Inox #0 dpns and 75 sts. (gauge: 10 sts/10 rows = 1") in Burgundy. It is said that actions speak louder than words: so the fact that I have been busy knitting socks from this book for 3 months and not talking about it says it all.

2 comments:

Delighted Hands said...

Can you share any pictures with us?We also know that 'a picture is worth a thousand words...' I don't always take a pic of everyone of my projects but I should!

marelle said...

As soon as I figure out how to add images I will gladly share pictures of my finished socks.