Thursday, March 8, 2007

Embossed Leaves Beginning...

I have just cast on the start of the Embossed Leaves Socks and am also using the Malamute colorway. This seems to be a very popular yarn/color as I have seen it used in at least 4 different socks now!

IMG_2770


I can't wait to get started on the lace portion of the sock, as I have never done lace before. I am hoping that this will be a good project for me to cut my teeth on and if anyone has any tips, please let me know. I will post photos here and on my blog as I make progress. So far, I love the 1x1 rib cast on and the twisted rib stitch that the cuff calls for. I will use both of these new techniques again!


Trish

3 comments:

Marsha said...

This is a good pattern for you to 'cut your teeth' on. I made it last year when it appeared in the magazine. I loved it so much I made several pair. It will easily become one of your favorites. Can't wait to see how it comes out for you.

Mango Kiwi said...

What size needles are you using? Using size 2 needles seems big to me for socks.

Trish said...

Actually, I had to frog the cuff as it was a little small. I liked the gauge that I got with the size 2's (2.75mm), but I think that I am going to need to up size for the cuffs to a 3mm needle. I think that this will make a huge difference to the size of the cuff and not make it too loose to still make nice socks. I am planning on going down to the 2.75mm needles for the heel and foot though. Hopefully this won't make it too tighr over the instep.