Monday, March 12, 2007

Introduction.... Hello to you all!

Hello --

My name is Ann and I've been knitting for about a year and I LOVE IT! Even though I haven't been knitting too long, I've been knitting a LOT! I enjoy knitting a variety of items... so far I've tried everything from scarves, mittens, socks and bags to sweaters, shawls and toys. From day one, I've enjoyed Interweave Knits magazine. Their patterns are awesome, I enjoy their hints, pictures and articles, etc.. I subscribed immediately and have even purchased previous issues.

When I heard about the FAVORITE SOCKS book by IK, I certainly had to buy it. While there are MANY patterns that I plan to try, the one that peaked my interest most is the AUSTRIAN SOCKS pattern.


This past weekend I purchased the yarn (GEMS in cream) and am all ready to go!... umm.. well... except for a few WIPs that I need to finish before casting on.

I promised myself I would finish a few before starting a new project of any kind! I won't even wind the yarn into balls until right before I am ready to start... otherwise I will cast those on as well! LOL!
I also bought some solid cherry red GEMS yarn and am debating which pattern to use for that as well... There are sooo many good ones to choose from!
I'm very happy to be a part of this KAL and look forward to getting to know you all and see your finished socks and WIPs!


Thanks again!
Ann

No comments: