Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Retro Rib and Mock Wave Cable




These are two of the patterns I've started with. I'm knitting the Retro Ribs for my daughter in lime green Cherry Tree Hill. I won't be making the leg as long as suggested (8"), other than that I think I'm following the pattern.







The second pair is for me, Mock Wave Cable. Knit in Knit Picks Essentials Tweed Plum colorway. It's fun to watch the "waves" appear with the increases and decreases. I'm so glad there are such imaginative people out there designing these patterns. I would be very bored knitting plain socks all the time.
I have started a third pattern from this book for a pair of socks for my sister. I don't know how safe it would be to post a picture and description here (she likes to surf the net), so I won't reveal anything about them until I have given them to her on her birthday in May. But they are very pretty, and I think I might have to knit myself a pair. Of course there aren't many patterns I don't want to knit in this book. It is definitely one of my favorite socks books.

Karen
http://yearnsforyarn.blogspot.com

2 comments:

tiennieknits said...

Great start to your socks!

Heather said...

Beautiful! I really love the colors you picked.