Wednesday, March 14, 2007

What We Go Through for Knitting


I have the first sock finished and started the ribbing on the second sock. A nurse gave me some masks to wear which helps with my allergy problem and the Zyrtek seems to help also. The things we do for the joy of knitting! My whole family just laughs at me while I sit knitting away with my mask on.
The heel worked like a charm - thanks for the advice. I had a bit of trouble with the toe, but soon realized that what I was doing wrong and life was good again.
Aside from the allergy (respiratory) it was a dream to work with the wool. I would definitely recommend it to anyone. It is so soft and thick and wonderful. I can't wait to start wearing them!

4 comments:

tiennieknits said...

Is it the wool you're allergic too? If so, wow! Way to push through and finish the sock!

Kristy said...

yes, is it the wool or the dye in the wool? my mom is allergic to most dyes, but she has had success with washing the wool before she knits. it might be worth a try.

the first sock looks great!

Knit-Wit said...

I don't know what I'm allergic to. I don't have problems with other wool (so far so good). When I knit with this I get a sore throat, headache, and stuffy sinuses - so whatever it is, I'm breathing it in and it is causing problems. Very weird.

Knit-Wit said...

Forgot to ask - how do you wash the wool before knitting it?