Thursday, March 22, 2007

Hi from Germany

Hi everyone, I just joined this Blog and am happy to be here with you all. I have had my book for a few weeks now and it really got me knitting socks. I started with Mona Schmidt's Embossed Leaves Socks, of which I knit a single one - they were the main reason I had ordered the book.



I used 2.5mm needles and a yarn from a German yarn factory called Hamburger Wollfabrik - the yarn has no particular name.
I didn't ge t toknitting a second one - wearing this pair can wait until I've tried all the patterns I want to.

Next I knit the Retro Rib Socks by Evelyn A. Clark, because they looked like a pair that I could wear in my hiking boots. This pair I did actually finish and have worn them already when I went to a craft fair yesterday. The socks are knit from Regia yarn on 2.25mm needles.



I currently have another pair of these on my needles, again with yarn from Hamburger Wollfabrik in a different colour. These are for my hubby and just like Delana I knit them toe-up. There was no particular reason for this, except that I had never knit toe-up socks before and was fascinated by them. I'm rather proud of these, because I developed my own toe-up heel flap construction by knitting the heel from the original instruction backwards.



I have a pair of Erica Alexander's Cable Rib Socks on the needles as well (thank heaven I have this incredible amount of same size dpns, right?), but these will have to wait until next week. At least.

See what I mean? This book really got me knitting socks!

Have a beautiful weekend everyone!
Gisela

4 comments:

Heather said...

Wow you really are moving along. I LOVE your embossed leaves socks! The color is so very cheerful -- reminds me of spring!!

Rosemary said...

Wow, you move fast! Love them :)

Bonnie said...

The speed at which you knit socks amazes me!

They all look great, and I'm looking forward to seeing more of your socks.

tiennieknits said...

Those are both really beautiful socks! You are really moving along!